The Business Case for Diversity
The Law Society of NSW has published a report on the business case for diversity, which includes a useful summary of diversity statistics in Australia:
Find out more >
- 26% of people were born outside Australia, with the most common birthplaces being England, New Zealand, China and India.
- 49% of people were either born outside Australia or have one or both parents born overseas.
- 11% of Australians are of diverse sexual orientation, sex or gender identity.
- 18% of people reported a disability in 2015.
- 16.7% of the population are over 65 years of age; the median age is 38.
- 2.8% of the population identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- 31.9% of people work part time.
- 21% of people speak a language other than English at home.