This August 2023 edition of the Significant Workplace Relations Issues Report, provides Ai Group members with detailed updates on the following matters:
- Consultations with the Federal Government on the third tranche of proposed legislative amendments.
- Recent announcements by Minister Burke regarding the proposed changes to casual employment.
- The commencement of the Protecting Worker Entitlements Amendment Act 2023.
- A reminder of changes introduced by the Secure Jobs, Better Pay Amendment Act 2022 that have recently commenced and that are due to commence later this year.
- The outcome of the Annual Wage Review (AWR) 2022-23 and the Fair Work Commission’s (FWC) anticipated approach for the next AWR.
- Commencement of the FWC Statement of Principles on Genuine Agreement.
- Updates on new laws relating to workplace sexual harassment.
- Changes to Workplace Gender Equality reporting obligations.
- The Federal Government’s review of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth).
- Updates on various modern award proceedings before the FWC, including the first applications for a supported bargaining authorisation and a single interest employer authorisation.
- Updates on recent enterprise bargaining outcomes.
- Significant cases to watch.
Read about all this and more in our latest report on significant workplace relations issues.