This October 2023 edition of the Significant Workplace Relations Issues Report provides Ai Group members with detailed updates on these employment and industrial relations matters:
- Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Closing Loopholes) Bill 2023
- Updates on remaining commencement dates for the Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Secure Jobs, Better Pay) Act 2022
- Updates on remaining commencement dates for the Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Protecting Worker Entitlements) Act 2023
- Updates on the progress of the Modern Awards Review 2023-24
- Key points from the first decisions for supported bargaining and single interest employer authorisations and intractable bargaining
- Guidance on how the FWC will apply the statement of principles on genuine agreement from its first decision
- Updates on AI Group involvement in several modern award proceedings before the FWC
- Insight into trends on enterprise bargaining outcomes
- Safe Work Australia proposed notification obligations on PCBUs for psychosocial hazards
- Proposed changes to Australian Government procurement principles for gender equality and new gender and diversity reporting under the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
- Key points from the High Court’s dismissal of the Qantas appeal against a Full Federal Court decision it had breached general protections when outsourcing
- Significant cases to watch dealing with matters including common law offsets, public holiday entitlements, additional reasonable hours and a work from home dispute
Read about all this and more in our latest report on significant workplace relations issues.