Sorry this event is full, please contact email@example.com for future dates or to discuss onsite training.
The course has been broken down into short sessions and is structured so you will attend 3 x 1.5 hour sessions over a three week period. You will need to commit to the three sessions as catch up sessions are not available. These sessions are held over Zoom and are live allowing discussions and interaction between participants and the facilitator. Participants are also able to contact the facilitator if they have any questions anytime after the session.
- Roles & Responsibilities - Supervision
- Leadership - The Basics
- Communication – The Basics
- Managing Poor Performance and Providing Feedback
- Planning and Organising (Time Management) – The Basics
This is a grassroots one day introduction program that helps participants successfully transition from worker to the Leading Hand role. The program aims to create a level of self-awareness around one’s own behaviours and the subsequent impact on team members. Participants will develop some basic communication skills and techniques and learn how to get the best out of their team. They will discover how to get the work done through planning and assigning tasks and how to apply effective consultation processes in the workplace to solve work related issues.
This course will:
- Develop an understanding of the responsibilities of the Leading Hand role and how it contributes to organisational effectiveness
- Build self-awareness around one’s own style
- Establish strong interpersonal relationships through the development of effective communication skills
- Contribute to effective teamwork processes through a variety of techniques and processes
- Understand the importance of prioritising workflow and assigning tasks in order to achieve effective crew performance
- Understand how to apply consultation processes in the workplace to solve problems