Many Ai Group members have obligations under the National Environment Protection (Used Packaging Material) Measure 2011 (NEPM). Obligated businesses have the option of two pathways to meet their regulatory obligations under this measure:
1. Become a Signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant (the Covenant), a Member of APCO and meet Covenant obligations; or
2. Meet compliance obligations under the NEPM by submitting to direct regulation.
This member advice will cover:
• The NEPM and Business Obligations.
• Who Needs to Comply with the NEPM and/or Join APCO?
• Brand Owners under the NEPM.
• Complying to the NEPM (without APCO).
• Complying with the NEPM (with APCO).
• Useful Resources.