This five day course is intended to provide Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) with the knowledge and skills necessary to apply the principles of workplace consultation on work health and safety matters as required under the WHS Act 2011.
The aims of the course are to provide Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) with information and knowledge on:
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation and its influence on health and safety outcomes;
- Key parties and their WHS legislative obligations and duties;
- Establishing representation in the workplace;
- Participation in consultation and issue resolution as a HSR;
- Monitoring PCBU's management of work health and safety risks;
- Negotiation and conflict resolution strategies; and
- Processes and requirements for the issuing of Provision Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing the cessation of unsafe work.
Who should attend?
This is the approved course for elected HSRs who have an entitlement to attend training under the WHS Act 2011. It is also appropriate for other workers, managers and supervisors who wish to get an understanding of the various legislative and practical issues associated with work health and safety.
Evidence of Identity
Participants must bring one form of Evidence of Identity to this training session. This Evidence must be in a photo format e.g. driver's license or passport.
Please note, your evidence of identify must be sighted prior to the commencement of training. Failure to produce this evidence will result in non admittance to the course.
Come to our venue and benefit from the opportunity to network with other participants and share knowledge and experience.
We can come to you and run the program onsite, contact us for more information.
Not quite sure what you need? Ai Group's Training Team can assist.