"Whatever you do this Halloween, if your celebrations involve 'trick or treating' and the sharing of confectionery, remember Be treatwise® with these five steps:
- Make a plan – help your children make smart decisions when it comes to the enjoyment of Halloween treats
- Eat before you go out – have a healthy snack before you hit the streets for trick-or-treating
- Keep it safe – take a responsible adult with you
- Understand confectionery treat portions – some for now, some for sharing, some for later
- Embrace balance – by being physically active
"And importantly, have fun with the kids and your neighbours!," Mr Piper said.
Tim Piper – 0411 430 301
Tim Piper is Head of the Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) in Victoria and its Confectionery Sector. The Ai Group Confectionery Sector represents the confectionery industry through its management of the Ai Group Confectionery Sector.
About Be treatwise®
Be treatwise® is an industry initiative to provide consumers with information to help explain the place of confectionery, as a treat food, that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy balanced diet and active lifestyle. The Be treatwise® symbol is a visual cue on the front of confectionery packs to remind consumers that confectionery is a treat. Responsible marketing, together with responsible consumption, is embodied in the Be treatwise® message. This includes from dietary energy intake, to oral health and the importance of being physically active.
For further information see www.betreatwise.info/