There is so much legislation that impacts on a company’s ability to discipline or dismiss staff. Many managers and supervisors avoid dealing with poor performance and misconduct because they do not know what they can do or they fear getting it wrong or being accused of bullying. This full day program is designed to provide your managers, supervisors and HR practitioners with an easily digestible outline of the various legal obligations they need to be aware of. Building on this foundation, the program will also equip your leaders and give them the confidence to deal with poor performance and misconduct issues to minimise the risk of successful claims being made against your business. Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the legal risks in managing performance and conduct issues, including unfair dismissal, adverse action, unlawful discrimination and workplace bullying
- Determine what constitutes reasonable management action in the context of performance management and disciplinary action
- Apply a procedurally fair disciplinary process - Conduct a disciplinary meeting - Implement disciplinary outcomes, including dismissal
- Undertake best practice in relation to record keeping
- Draft warning and termination of employment letters Case studies, role plays, and practical tasks are an integral component of the program to ensure participants get the most out of the day.
Disciplinary template letters are included in the course materials. Note – Ai Group advocates a three-stage process for dealing with underperformance;
(1) giving effective feedback;
(2) utilising a performance improvement process; and
(3) disciplinary action.
This program covers stage (3) of that process. Although it is a stand-alone program, participants will benefit from also attending our full-day Performance Coaching and Improvement program which covers stages (1) and (2). Who should attend? This workshop is designed for managers, supervisors and HR Practitioners responsible for managing performance and conduct issues in the workplace and making decisions about disciplinary action and dismissal. Our site Come to our venue and benefit from the opportunity to network with other participants and share knowledge and experience. Your site We can come to you! The added value of this method of learning is that we can customise the workshop to focus on your business needs and issues. Not quite sure what you need? Ai Group's Training Team can assist.