Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) are entitled to attend a 1-day refresher course each year during their term of office to gain a revision of the key elements covered in their 5-day HSR training.
Course Duration: 1-day
Why train HSR's?
HSR's can add value to your safety program and assist your company with compliance with the new safety laws. To ensure that your HSR is up skilled and understands the functions and powers of their role register now for the HSR Refresher program.
Course Objective of the HSR Refresher Training
The participants will gain a revision of the following:
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation
- Understanding the obligations of the duty holders under the Act
- Understand the role and function of the HSR
- Consultation, Representation and Participation under the WHS Act
- The role of the HSR in consultation and issue resolution
- How HSRs can participate in assisting the PCBU with monitoring safety compliance
- Understanding incident notifiable requirements
- Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and ceasing unsafe work
- The role of the regulator
Who should attend?
- Elected Health & Safety Representatives and Deputy Health & Safety Representatives that have attended the 5-day training
- Elected Health & Safety Representatives that attended the Bridging HSR course (completed in 2012)
Come to our venue and benefit from the opportunity to network with other participants and share knowledge and experience.
We can come to you and run the program onsite, contact us for more information.
Not quite sure what you need? Ai Group's Training Team can assist.