Current legislation requires all organisations to identify hazards in their workplaces as part of a broad risk management approach to risk control. Consultation is also a legislative requirement when identifying hazards, assessing risk and making decisions about risk control.
This course covers:
- A brief overview of relevant legislation, regulations or codes of practice
- Identifying hazards (including manual handling, plant and chemicals)
- Practical application of various methods utilised in assessing risks
- A review of the hierarchy of controls applicable to the various hazard types
- Understanding how to use the risk assessment tool to carry out risk assessments correctly