The purpose of this topic is to assist participants to understand the current and ongoing need for good hygiene in the workplace and offer practical instruction on good practice and information on other available resources.
At the completion of this topic, participants should be able to:
- Understand the current and ongoing need for good hygiene in the workplace
- Understand the difference between cleanliness and hygiene
- Know when, why and how to wash/sanitise their hands and work environment
- Understand how illness can spread
- Be involved in the risk management process
- Source a variety of guidance materials/posters etc.
- Understand employer and worker duties under OHS/WHS laws