The purpose of this topic is to ensure participants understand their role in promoting a respectful workplace culture and achieving legal compliance.
At the completion of this topic, participants should be able to:
- Define discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment) and bullying and explain the impact of it in the workplace.
- Identify the duties and responsibilities of managers/supervisors, particularly in relation to compliance, role modelling and complaint handling.
- Determine what constitutes reasonable management action in the context of performance management and disciplinary action.
- Examine the potential liability of managers and employers and how to proactively identify and address risk factors.
- Examine effective complaint handling.