The purpose of this topic is to assist participants to recognise and develop various communication techniques and skills to minimise communication problems and breakdowns. Emphasis will be placed on developing effective communication patterns, questioning and listening skills.
At the completion of this topic, participants should be able to:
- Define effective communication.
- Identify and discuss barriers to effective communication.
- Recognise ineffective communication patterns.
- Discuss perception in communication.
- Determine what language to use in certain contexts.
- Identify effective communication techniques to include:
- Effective listening.
- Effective questioning.
- Recognising non-verbal language.