The purpose of this topic is to assist participants to identify and develop planning, organising and time management skills. This will ensure participants can perform in their role effectively and efficiently, and, enjoy the results of their work. Participants will learn to identify the jobs that are most important and least important. Participants will discover how they can focus their time on the most critical tasks and learn how to avoid time wasters.
At the completion of this topic, participants should be able to:
- Decide on how to develop priorities.
- Describe how to draw up time schedules.
- Discuss how to ensure efficient use of equipment, materials and people.
- Identify and discuss how to coordinate people and jobs.
- Identify and discuss how to assign daily workloads.
- Analyse how time is spent and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify which tasks are most critical to achieving long term goals.
- Discuss how to plan time efficiently using planning tools.
- Discuss how to control time wasters.