Sorry this event is full, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for future dates or to discuss onsite training.
You will learn how to detect the symptoms, how to guide a person towards appropriate support, and it will provide you with the skills to feel more confident to have mental health conversations in the workplace. Program topics include:
- Mental health problems in Australia;
- Mental Health First Aid Action Plan;
- Mental illnesses including depression, anxiety problems and psychosis and substance use problems;
- Mental health crises or episodes including suicidal thoughts, panic attack, traumatic event, severe psychotic state and aggressive behaviour; and
- How to guide a person to support
You are required to attend the entire two days of training to be eligible for accreditation. Your details have been submitted to MHFA Australia, on completion of the course you will receive an email from MHFA Australia to log on and complete a feedback form as well as an exam which enables you to achieve the accreditation.