Places left: 6
Current legislation requires all organisations to identify hazards in their workplaces as part of a broad risk management approach to risk control. Consultation is also a legislative requirement when identifying hazards, assessing risk and making decisions about risk control.
This is a half day practical workshop for anyone who is new to risk assessment or those who have had a limited involvement and would like to refresh their skills.
- A brief overview of relevant legislation, regulations or codes of practice
- Identifying hazards (including manual handling, plant and chemicals)
- Practical application of various methods utilised in assessing risks (e.g. Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- A review of the hierarchy of controls applicable to the various hazard types
- Different models of risk assessment will be discussed and there will be time for people to ask questions relating to their own workplaces as well as the hands-on activities.
Basic tools and templates will also be provided.
Who should attend?
Safety committee members, managers, supervisors, leading hands and operators.
Come to our venue and benefit from the opportunity to network with other participants and share knowledge and experience.
We can come to you! The added value of this method of learning is that we can customise the workshop to focus on your business needs and issues.
Not quite sure what you need? Ai Group's Training Team can assist.