This 2 hour workshop aims to enhance participants general understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a contact officers and upskill participants to be able to effectively respond to allegations of bullying, harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
Key content covered includes: inappropriate workplace behaviours, barriers to reporting, roles and responsibilities of a contact officer, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) skills, tailored case studies.
- Determine the role and responsibilities of a contact officer
- Refresh knowledge and understanding of unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimization, adverse action and bullying
- Outline the options to take action and resolve concerns
- Understand and apply the key steps in the process of meeting with an individual
- Understand the concept of active listening and how to support employees involved in a complaint of discrimination, harassment or bullying