Sorry this event is full, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for future dates or to discuss onsite training.
This one-day program will equip your Contact Officers to understand their role and responsibilities and develop the core competencies and skills required.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the duties and responsibilities of a Contact Officer in your organisation, particularly in relation to complaint handling
- Define discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment) and bullying and explain the impact of it in the workplace
- Explain the legal protections afforded to workers complaining of unacceptable workplace behaviour (protections against victimisation and adverse action) and workers accused of it (procedural fairness)
- Outline the options to take action and resolve concerns in your organisation
- Meet with a person one-on-one and demonstrate effective communication and listening skills
- Determine when a grievance or complaint should be escalated to a manager or HR
- Maintain records of conversations and meetings held in their capacity of Contact Officer
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for employees who are or may become Contact Officers. Participants are asked to bring a copy of their company's relevant policies and procedures with them so the key principles covered can be applied to their specific work environment.
Note - The role of a Contact Officer is not defined by legislation and often varies from organisation to organisation. This program is designed for Contact Officers who have been appointed to provide information and support to colleagues. It is not designed for managers and supervisors responsible for resolving complaints.
Come to our venue and benefit from the opportunity to network with other participants and share knowledge and experience.
We can come to you! The added value of this method of learning is that we can customise the workshop to focus on your business needs and issues.
Not quite sure what you need? Ai Group's Training Team can assist.