Duration: Half day
The development of effective workplace relationships between supervisors and apprentices is paramount – whether we are referring to Generation X, Y or Z – or ‘master and apprentice’, understanding roles and responsibilities is certainly a move in the right direction. Participants will benefit from training in how to supervise, coach, mentor and train an apprentice. Participants will also receive information on the legislation and formal procedures surrounding apprenticeships.
The workshop will cover:
Roles and responsibilities of supervisors in relation to apprentices
- Difference between bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Competency based pay progression and early completion procedures
- Administrative procedures around apprenticeships
- Basic techniques for coaching, leadership and mentoring
- Effective workplace training strategies for their apprentices
- Key strategies for the selection and recruitment of apprentices
- Information on the legislation and formal procedures surrounding apprenticeships.
Who Should Attend?
This program will suit frontline supervisors and team leaders to help lead and manage apprentices under their supervision