The new provisions deal with the following matters for employees who are working at home or at another location of their choosing that is not the premises of the employer:
- An extended spread of ordinary hours for day workers;
- An ability for employees to elect not to work ordinary hours continuously;
- Flexible starting and finishing times for part-time employees;
- An ability for part-time employees to work non-consecutive hours; and
- Arrangements for taking meal and rest break while undertaking remote work.
"The Clerks Award applies to hundreds of thousands of employees – a large proportion of whom are working from home at least some of the time.
"The new provisions operate until 30 June 2021 and will assist employers and employees to agree on mutually beneficial working arrangements during the Pandemic," Mr Willox said.
FWC Determination varying the Award
Media enquiries: Tony Melville – 0419 190 347