The NSW Government is consulting on its Future Transport Technology Roadmap, which sets out its vision for a technology-enabled transport future. Feedback on the Roadmap closes on 31 January 2017.
This Roadmap will likely be of interest to a number of our member sectors including in ICT, technology, infrastructure and construction and transport.
The NSW Government is particularly interested in feedback on the following topics:
- Are there any refinements to our analysis or other factors in the broader environment that should be considered in formulating a customer-focussed Technology Roadmap?
- Are there technology applications that you would include or exclude from the list of those with greatest impact on the future of mobility, and what is the rationale for this?
- Are there other technology-driven disruptive changes to behaviour that need to be considered in any of the four scenarios?
- Are there other emerging technologies that have potential to significantly influence mobility behaviours in any of these scenarios? If so, what are they and what will be the impact?
- What adjustments or refinements would you recommend to the five technology-enabled strategies to personalise transport?
- Are there any other high-level strategies that Transport for NSW should consider, and if so, what would be the key recommended next-step ‘no regrets’ initiatives?
- Are there any specific measures you would recommend to optimise in-flight initiatives to take account of recent developments with emerging technologies?
- Are there any modifications or refinements to the next-step no-regrets initiatives that you would recommend?
- How would you refine the vision of the enduring long-term technology game changers?
- How else could transport be personalised?
- Are the key changes that need to be made in the way we engage with industry being addressed? What other matters should be addressed?
- Are there specific measures to enable the delivery of this Roadmap faster and/or at lower cost and/or with greater benefit compared to ‘business as usual’?
- What steps need to be taken to set up the Transport Digital Incubator?
- What specific measures need to be considered and what foundations should be laid to foster a Transport Data Science hotspot in NSW?
- Is there anything else that should be considered in finalising this Roadmap?
Are you interested in providing feedback to the NSW Government through a potential submission from Ai Group?
Please contact Ai Group adviser Charles Hoang, Tel: 02 9466 5462.