Mercure Hotel, Williamstown 15th October 2019
Sponsored by Molycop and TW Woods Construction
This seminar brought together:
- renowned international expert on the reuse of industrial wastes Professor Veena Sahajwalla from the University of NSW,
- steel maker Molycop which has adopted Veena's process to replace coke with rubber in electric arc furnace production, as well as their own process to successfully bale tyre wire and mattress springs for steel feedstock;
- machinery manufacturer and steel fabricator TW Woods Construction on their construction waste sorting plant designed and built at Tomago;
- Hunter Joint Organisation (of Councils) on their Circular Economy Strategy for the Hunter region;
- Ai Group on their local manufacturing waste survey findings and posing of a question to reuse one way timber pallets.
The seminar was very stimulating and Ai Group looks forward to providing further facilitation / collaboration with local partners to find engineering solutions for the reuse of all industrial wastes.
The last four presentations are available below for your information. Inquiries to our Regional Office on 02 4925 8300:
Adrian Price, Ai Group
TW Woods Construction
Hunter Joint Organisation
Please complete the feedback survey here.