Funded by the Victorian Government, Ai Group is coordinating a program to promote the use of IT Apprenticeships to assist businesses with digital transformation.
By combining work and training, apprenticeships provide a context for learning and can provide business with a fresh perspective that promotes innovation and new ideas.
Who is involved?
Ai Group will manage the program by recruiting apprentices and coordinating employers and training providers in the process. The program will enable employers to train future IT employees to meet the increasing skill needs in the knowledge economy.
What does an IT Apprenticeship entail?
The apprenticeship is a 12-month commitment that combines training and paid employment. Apprenticeships lead to much needed IT skills and VET qualifications that are recognised nationally and by other employers in the industry.
Jobs IT Apprentices are suitable for:
- Helpdesk support
- IT support technician
- Data centre technician
- Junior software engineer
- Junior cyber security analyst
Benefits to employers
Apprenticeships assist business by:
- Providing additional staff resources;
- Being cost effective – trainees cost less than graduates and attract financial incentives;
- Customised training to suit the business;
- Providing business a fresh perspective – promoting innovation and new ideas;
- Increasing staff retention and boosting staff loyalty; and
- Supporting both the employer and apprentice throughout the process.
How will you be supported?
Ai Group will:
- Work with you to identify required skills and roles for your workforce;
- Provide you with a range of candidates for consideration for your workforce, and support them through a recruitment process;
- Provide you with the option to employ apprentices either directly or via a Group Training Organisation (GTO). Under the GTO arrangement, the GTO is the legal employer and therefore assumes the responsibility for the legal aspects of the employment contract as well as the training needs and eliminates any employment risk;
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and other required support to the apprentices throughout their employment term; and
- Provide free training and support to supervisors to assist with managing apprentices.
IT Apprentices are paid according to the National Training Wage and this can range from $450 to approximately $700 per week (excluding on-costs) depending on the age and work history of the apprentice.
For a limited time
The following incentives may be available to businesses who register their interest in an IT Apprentice:
- Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements Subsidy – 50% wage subsidy until 30 September 2021
- Federal Governments Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program – up to $4,000 per qualifying apprentice
- Ai Group IT Apprentice Rebate - $2,000 until 31 March 2021
For further information, please contact Luba Pavlovic, ICT Traineeships Project Officer, Ai Group, on (03) 9867 0159 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org