BIZassistBriefings - July 2014
Your Business Employment, Safety & Workers' Compensation
This 90 minute webcast will cover a range of topical issues in the world of employment, safety and workers’ compensation and will feature a detailed discussion on pre-employment processes, including:
- the range of pre-employment checks an employer can undertake;
- medical and police checks - what can you ask and for what purpose;
- how employers can respond to information arising from medical and police checks;
- relevant provisions of workers' compensation legislation; and
- can blanket policies be applied across the business.
Other topics include:
- Workplace relations, safety and workers' compensation policy - a look at what's making the news, including a summary of the Fair Work Amendment Bill
- Workplace Gender Equality update - the reporting requirements for 2014/15, the new minimum standard for companies with 500+ employees and Government seeking employer feedback until end of July for 2015/16 reporting period
- Construction Code Compliance - how non-construction companies are affected by the Code
- Union Right of Entry - all the ways unions might come into your workplace, how right of entry is gained in the safety context and changed laws in Queensland
- Bullying jurisdiction update - recent cases, what constitutes reasonable management action and different claims that can be made
- FAQ feature - accommodating religious beliefs and E-cigarettes
- Managing chemicals in the workplace - overview of legal obligations and labelling changes
- Mentally healthy workplaces - new resources and tools to assist employers to manage this important issue.
Watch this video now.
Members Only Content.
New Workplace Bullying Laws
From 1 January 2014, workers will be able to apply to the Fair Work Commission for orders to stop workplace bullying. This video from the July BIZassistBriefing discusses the changes and what you need to have in place to ensure your business is ready for this new jurisdiction.
WATCH NOW ON DEMAND
Ai Group is pleased to offer members a series of business videos and webinars providing information on the implications of the new Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws.
The obligations of officers Webinar
This webinar is designed to inform officers and advisors of some key issues they need to be aware of in ensuring compliance with the new WHS laws.
Tracey Browne discusses the new WHS Act and outlines some considerations for your business to help you get a better understanding of the new laws implemented in most states on 1 January 2012.
FeedbackWe appreciate your feedback!
Send us an email with your thoughts on the Ai Group TV.