BIZassistBriefings - March 2014
Your Business Employment, Safety & Workers' Compensation
This 90 minute webcast will cover a range of topical issues in the world of employment, safety and workers’ compensation and will feature a detailed discussion on how to effectively manage drug and alcohol issues in the workplace, with particular emphasis on: developing and implementing an appropriate policy to suit your work environment; workplace health and safety implications; the complexities of alternative testing methods; and relevant Fair Work Commission decisions.
Other topics include:
- Workplace relations, safety and workers' compensation policy - a look at what's making the news
- New bullying jurisdiction - a report on the progress of the new bullying jurisdiction, as well as a review of other recent Fair Work Act amendments
- Workplace Gender Equality reporting - more complex reporting requirements are in force for year ending 31 March 2014; a review of what these changes are and how best businesses can prepare
- Wage underpayments - a review of the Fair Work Ombudsman activity in pursuing wage underpayment claims and the measures which should be taken to protect against claims
- Senior Management engagement with health and safety - the importance of informal communications
- Exploring workplace psychological health and safety - an introductory look at current prevention strategies employers can use to address the rising personal and business costs of psychological illness and injury
- Workers’ compensation premiums - key things to consider as the financial year draws to a close
Watch this video now.
Members Only Content.
New Workplace Bullying Laws
From 1 January 2014, workers will be able to apply to the Fair Work Commission for orders to stop workplace bullying. This video from the July BIZassistBriefing discusses the changes and what you need to have in place to ensure your business is ready for this new jurisdiction.
WATCH NOW ON DEMAND
Ai Group is pleased to offer members a series of business videos and webinars providing information on the implications of the new Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws.
The obligations of officers Webinar
This webinar is designed to inform officers and advisors of some key issues they need to be aware of in ensuring compliance with the new WHS laws.
Tracey Browne discusses the new WHS Act and outlines some considerations for your business to help you get a better understanding of the new laws implemented in most states on 1 January 2012.
FeedbackWe appreciate your feedback!
Send us an email with your thoughts on the Ai Group TV.