- Ai Group EOWA member survey - Ai Group is conducting a survey to coincide with the Federal Government’s review of reporting requirements under the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Act, which apply to businesses with 100 or more employers (and some other organisations).
- Paid Parental Leave Consultations - Ai Group is involved in the Federal Government’s consultation process on the proposed paid parental leave scheme, and is seeking member input. For details, see this month's News Alert.
Dealing with complaints
Complaints of harassment, discrimination and bullying can be costly for employers in terms of disruption in the workplace through lost productivity, low morale, absenteeism and staff turnover quite apart from any legal fees and compensation payments associated with a substantiated complaint.
It is clearly in all organisations’ best interests to have strategies in place to minimise the chances of such complaints being made and to deal with any issues of harassment, discrimination and bullying which arise.
Ai Group can assist you in developing an appropriate strategy to meet your company’s specific needs in relation to harassment, discrimination and diversity in the workplace through:
- Training for employees, managers and contact officers
- Development of policies on harassment, discrimination, bullying and equal opportunity
- Assistance with complaints made through State or Federal tribunals
- Assistance with and advice on investigations of harassment, discrimination, and bullying complaints
- Advice and assistance in relation to responsibilities under the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Act 1999
Our team includes advocates and lawyers experienced in managing EEO complaints.
Find out more about your EEO obligations.