Ai Group’s history within this sector has been in conjunction with the Mining and Energy Services Council (MESCA) which was formed in Queensland in 1995 through a joint incentive of Ai Group and the Queensland Government. Both of these entities are keen to promote dialogue between suppliers to the mining industry and mining companies as well as promote Australian contents into the sector.
Since its inception MESCA has provided a unique networking and information service that adds significant value to engaged companies. Regular briefings are held in Townsville, Mackay, Gladstone, Brisbane, Newcastle/Maitland, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Briefings not only offer the opportunity to be informed of current projects but also the chance to network with other suppliers to the industry as well as key industry players.
Benefits of being part of the network:
- Networking within the other 340 plus members and organisational alliances – not only but including; John Holland, GHD, Leighton, SKM, Thiess, Ausenco, Aker Kvaerner, Maunsell Aecom & Sedgman
- Access concise information on projects
- Recognised as part of an association dedicated to creating a unified sector
- The opportunity to actively contribute and be involved in forums which may influence your prospective clients' interaction with your company
- Increase understanding of the sector needs and the changing environment
- Promotion vehicle of your company to the greater sector