Download our latest newsletter: Illawarra Industry Matters, July 2013.
The regional office in Wollongong provides services to members located in the areas of the Illawarra and Southeast NSW.
The Illawarra has a long-standing history in the steel, mining and manufacturing industries. However, its economic base has diversified to include a substantial presence in sectors such as education, wholesale and retail trade, transport, communications, finance and tourism.
Ai Group’s range of services include:
- Ensuring members are kept informed through regular BIZassistBriefings, member advices and a Monthly Newsletter "Industry Matters".
- Networking through the Illawarra Industry Council and the Illawarra Safety Taskforce
- Providing representation on peak advisory bodies such as the TAFE – Illawarra Advisory Council and the Federal Government’s Regional Development Australia – Illawarra
- Conducting topical surveys and studies, for example the annual wage survey
- Providing training courses and seminars to meet members’ needs
- Working with industry to address skills shortages and youth unemployment through the services of the Regional Industry Career Adviser