Whilst the detail of the legislation varies in different state and territory jurisdictions, the principal health and safety legislation generally creates obligations on employers, occupiers, designers, manufacturers, and suppliers. The primary obligation or "duty" is to provide a workplace (or plant, substance or equipment) that is safe and without risks to employees and others.
Ai Group is able to help members to understand how they can meet their safety obligations in an effective and efficient manner.
Information on the following topics is available from the Ai Group BIZassistManual:
- Safety legislation and guidance documents
- Legislative requirements
- Compliance and enforcement
- contacting the Workplace Advice Service on 1300 78 38 44;
- calling one of our specialized advisers for advice; or
- attending Safety training