Queensland flood and storm events - 24-26 February 2012 (Sunshine Coast) and 16 March 2012 (Townsville)
Disaster funding is now available to eligible small businesses (less than 20 employees):
- in the Sunshine Coast and Gympie Regional Council areas impacted by the storm and flooding events of 24 - 25 February 2012; and
- in the Townsville City Council area impacted by heavy rainfall and flooding on 16 March 2012.
Available assistance includes low interest loans of up to $250,000 at 4% interest for up to 7 years for eligible businesses. The application process is being overseen by the Queensland Rural Adjustment Authority (QRAA). More information (and application forms) can be accessed via their website.
Loans are available for:
- repairing or replacing damaged plant and equipment
- repairing or replacing buildings
- supplying stock for up to one month to replace lost stock and maintain liquidity of the business
- meeting carry-on requirements including:
- restoring or re-establishing areas affected by the disaster event
- essential property operations
- paying rent and rates
Affected members should use the QRAA's Natural Disaster Assistance hotline for further information: 1800 623 946.
In addition to business assistance, support is also available for those experiencing personal hardship as a result of these events. This is available for eligible residents in the Sunshine Coast, Fraser Coast and Gympie council areas. Assistance with the restoration of essential services is available in the Sunshine Coast and Gympie areas.
Affected members suffering personal hardship can call the Queensland government's Department of Communities on 1800 173 349.